|::Departments : Clinical : Paediatrics|
Department of pediatrics|
Govt.vellore medical college &hospital, adukkamparai, vellore-632 011
DEPARTMENT FACULTIES :
- Associate Professors : 2 (including HOD)
- Assistant Professors : 3
- Senior Residents : 2
Periodic Academic activities held in the Department:
- Conducting regular theory classes for MBBS& Paramedical UG students.
- Conducting regular clinical classes for MBBS students.
- Conducting regular theory & clinical exams for MBBS students.
- Conducting prize exam for Final year MBBS students.
- Conducting CME programs for MBBS students & CRRI’s monthly twice.
- Conducting symposiums for MBBS students& CRRI’s.
- Conducting training for Medical Officers & Staff nurses of PHCs, Taluk& District hospitals.
- Conducting classes for NRHM & CEMONC staffs.
- Conducting National & State Health programs as per the schedule.
- Breast Feeding week celebration.
- New born week celebration.
- Pulse Polio Immunization.
- Adolescent health programs.
Services Offered :
- Conducting IAP quiz for MBBS students.
Unit-II: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- No of units in the department : 2, Unit-I & II
- O.P Days & Timings : Daily, 8 am to 12 noon
- I.P Units & Admission days : Unit-I : Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Sunday-Rotation of I& II Units
PICU - 12
- Bed Strength of Department : Pediatric Ward – 60 (30+30)
NICU - 20(Intramural+Extramural)
Department : Immunization clinic - All days
- Average O.P: 100 to 120 cases per day.
- Average I.P:65 to 70 cases.
- Special Clinics conducted by the
Cardiology clinic - Monday
Nephrology clinic - Tuesday
Neurology clinic -Wednesday,Saturday
Asthma clinic - Thursday
Well baby clinic - Friday
Adolescent clinic - Saturday