O & G department has been one of the major department started way back in 1915 in PENTLAND Hospital & it has unfolded along with its expansion as GVMCH VELLORE since 2005.
It is a tertiary care centre dealing with health problems of women from Menarche to Menopause for a population of 19, 68 , 430 in Vellore District.
It is also a referral centre for the neighboring districts of Tiruvanamalai, Kancheepuram & Chengalpattu districts of Tamil Nadu & also chitoor district in the neighboring state of Andhra Pradesh
b .Diagnostic services.
- Location - OP block
- Facilities - a. Clinics.
Our department is located at the OP block for the convenience of patients.
Daily Antenatal, Gynaecology & Family welfare services functions btw 7.30 a.m – 12.00 noon with an op census being 7000-8000/ month.
Total USG done – 500/ month. Investigations are backed up by reports from central laboratory.
- CANCER SCREEINIG - Daily
- COLPOSCOPY - Tuesday
- HIGH RISK PREGNANCY - Wednesday
- POST NATAL CLINIC - Daily
- FAMILY WELFARE CLINIC - Daily
- HIV COUNSELLING CLINIC- Daily
- ADOLESCENT CLINIC - Thursday
Well - equipped library facilities
No. of beds available
Ante natal ward - 20
Labour ward - 20
Post natal ward - 20
Post operative ward- 30
PS ward - 20
Gynaecology ward- 15
TOTAL - 125 beds
Round the clock services
- Conducting regular theory classes for MBBS & Paramedical UG students.
- Conducting regular clinical classes for MBBS students from 1st clinical year.
- Conducting monthly theory & clinical exams for MBBS undergraduates.
- Conducting prize exam for Final year MBBS students
- CME programs for MBBS undergraduates & CRRI’s once in three months.
- Symposiums for MBBS undergratuates & CRRI’s weekly.
- Training for Medical Officers & staff nurses of PHC’s,Taluk & District HQ Hospitals.
- Orientation classes for CEMONCS staffs and paramedics.
- Minilap training for Medical Officers.