PREVENTION AND PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
To root out ragging in all its form affiliated institutions of this university and preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of these regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging as provided for in these regulations and the appropriate law in force.
“Ragging” includes the following.
Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of harassing, teasing treating or handing with rudeness any other student, indulging in wordy or undisciplined activities which cause or is likely o apprehension thereof in a fresh or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
“University” mean a university established or incorporated by or under central act, a provisional act or a state act, on institution deemed to be university under section 3 of the UGC Ac, 1956. or an institution specially empowered by an Act of parliament to confer or grant degrees.
All words and expression used herein and defined the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University; Act 1987 shall have same meaning so defined.
Punishable ingredients of Ragging:-
- Abatement to ragging
- Criminal conspiracy to rag
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
- Criminal trespass
- Public nuisance created during ragging
- Use of criminal force
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt, wrongful restraint
- Assault as well as sexual offences or even unnatural offences wrongful confinement
- Offences against property
Undertaking by the candidate I students.
1. I, S/o.D/o. of .Mr.Mrs,lMs. have carefully red and fully understood the law prohibiting ragging and the directions of the Supreme court and the centrall State government in this regard.
2. I have received a ··copy of the Regulations of Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging at the affiliated of the Tamilnadu Dr.M.GR. Medical University.
3. I hereby undertake that I will not include in any behavior or act that may come under the definition of ragging, I will not participate in or abet or propagate ragging in any form, I will not hurt anyone physically or psychologically or cause any other them. •
4. I hereby agree that if found guilty of any aspect of ragging, I may be punished as per the provisions of the university. Regulations mentioned above and lor as per the law inforce
Signed this _.--Day of._ month of ....y.e. ar
RAGGING IS A PUNISHABLE OFFENCE
UGC Regulations (clause m of Regulation 6.2) on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009 require each student and their parents to submit an anti ragging affidavit. Draft of the affidavit can be downloaded from UGC Anti-Ragging Portal.
ASK for details on email@example.com
Do not tolerate ragging.
Call any time during day or night
1800-180-5522 or mail to:
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO MAIffi YOUR
CAMPUS RAGGING FREE
Issued in public interest by : University Grants Commission BahadurShah Zafar Marg.New Delhi - 110 002.